WELCOME TO THE RED SOIL ORGANICS SHOP!
* All bags are non treated hessian - and are specifically inked black to avoid heavy metals from colourings.
*All bags are home compostable and break down within a few weeks - considered "brown" material in the heap.
* No chemical additives or fertilisers have been used in any of our products
* No pesticides, herbicides, fungicides or GMOs come into contact with any of our materials composted.
*Base ingredients are 100% farm manures and raw minerals (allowed inputs)
*We go beyond the Australian cert. organic guidelines, and follow Demeter Biodynamic guidelines for composting.
*We have been trained on ancient composting techniques in India, in soil science & agronomy in Australia and give trainings on ancient ways ourselfs.
*Strictly 100% against cooporative influence, university "logic" and chemical agriculture.
*100% Local, family owned - every dollar is valuable and goes to good use, supporting familys and facilitating education & much needed change.
DELIVERY RATES AND OPTIONS:
FOR BAGGED ORDERS: Pickup is available anytime BY APPOINTMENT from our HQ in Mooloo (10min from Gympie).
Contact Kane to Book or Enquire: 0481146810
* GOLD COAST - Coolibah Homestead - Agroforestry farm 0427782470 (contact via text anytime, or call after 330pm) Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
* BRISBANE, LOGAN AREA - GAVIN 0423662425
* SUNSHINE COAST, YANDINA - ED, BAMBOO PARK & ORGANIC NURSERY, 919 Yandina Coolum Road, Valdora 4561 (MORPHEUS, FUNGAL BLEND, AND SOIL BLENDS IN STOCK) - 0456 727 024
*MARY VALLEY - KANDANGA FARM STORE (07) 5484 3771
*Mooloo/Gympie - Farm Direct 0481146810
We are looking for stockists in Brisbane, if you are interested please email email@example.com.
Please note our blends and composts can vary with the seasons, as they are made on the farm, embraced by the elements.
We have disabled shop purchases due to troubles with PayPal, please contact your local stockist, or us directly to organise! Thanks :)
Morpheus - aka 'The Prairie Blend' Biodynamic, Organic Compost (Fertiliser) For high production Veg/Herb
Biodynamic Soil Prep (CPP) | Seed Germination | Bio Stimulant | Rooting Hormone | Drought Resistance | Unlocks & Activates Soil
Biodynamic Agro-food forestry and Swale Design course | May1st
Only a few left!
This workshop is perfect for anyone thinking about building swales, or anyone looking to produce food in a self enclosed, life accumulating system that produces all its own biomass, fertiliser and rain water storage, that keeps getting better each year, while increasing health and vitality of the ecosystem.
This is a project that I have designed and built with @coolibahhomestead, Joelene has been great to work with, she has a passion for animals, bees, the forest and regenerating degraded land. There is so much change happening to this landscape in such a small amount of time, and I can't wait to dive in with you all.
Full paddock to plate Biodynamic BBQ Lunch and cold drinks provided. I will be bringing meats, breads and chutneys from certified producers/friends I work with. Please let me know if you are vegan.
You will Learn,
- Where, why and how to build swales
- Design covercrop blends, sow covercrop blends and properly cut covercrops and place them for crop production
- How to grow fruit and vegetables together in a way that tremendously benefits one another
- How to produce your own mulch and fertiliser
- How to build soil, make biodynamic soil preparations and apply them
- How to process banana trunks into fertiliser, weed control, slow release watering, soil life food and microclimate generation
- How to wild harvest organic matter to mulch your beds and fertilise your fruit and veg
- How to design your system, the principles of Syntropics/Agroforestry/high production and management of the system for on-going constant vegetable/berry and fruit supply in a low input, low pressure - semi self sufficient system.
- How to plant fruit trees for 10x quicker growth, deeper vitality, maximum health and disease resistance
- How to plant vegetable seeds & seedlings without shock and straight into covercrop residue, in a way that doesn't have any weeds and needs minimal water
- How to make nourishing liquids/foliar sprays/fertiliser soaks/inoculants and trunk pastes to support the system and keep it thriving
We will be sowing covercrops, managing cover crops, designing systems and understanding the principles of fruit and veg food-forestry. We will be processing organic matter/banana trunks/pigeon pea and woody materials in a way that feeds our fruit and vegetables, while keeping unwanted plants out, conserving soil moisture and habitat for fungi&bacteria.
The property we will be on is in various stages of development & regeneration, so we have a full circle training environment, to fully understand the whole system/whole cycle.
Biodynamic No-till Vegetable Production Course | Half Day
This is our iconic half day course aimed at backyard gardeners, urban Gardners, small market gardeners, permaculturist's and general growers that want to produce all their own food whilst creating their own closed fertiliser, and much loop, without ever having gaps in vegetable production. This is a relaxed course jam packed full of a huge amount of information in an easy to understand 100% practical hands on way, as we all take a section of bed/land and fully convert it under guidance & training into veg production while running through the full dynamics of principles involved.
Located Mooloo 4570 (Sunshine Coast Hinterland, Mary Valley)
830am - introductions, tea/coffee
- Principles & understanding
- chalkboard designing of the system layout & considerations
- The 4 keys to soil health & productivity
- the workings of the moon & maximising success using the correct cycles & timing
- digging up weeds to analyse root systems, to better understand what they are doing & how to use them
- reading the landscape & what you need to do, to make no-till & the system work (different stages have already been prepared for the course for a full cycle understanding)
- Preparing the area, structuring the harvested organic matter and preparing the seedbed
- making and applying BD sprays, secret brews to success & correct application of BD compost
- designing and seeding the multi-specie successional veg beds
- broadcasting/seedbank loading bulk crops(onions, carrots)/placing seed for non broadcasted varieties
- broadcasting multi specie covercrop species for mulch production and fertilisation
- Mulching the no-till way, applying organised organic matter, inoculating surface material and placing dripper line
- demonstration of under sowing and old crop residue processing
- Finish up, Q&A , networking, socialising
Biodynamic Soil Cultivation & Agro-Food Forestry Design Course | Full Day
This is our complete agroforestry course, from designing, soil cultivation, to high density planting and managing the rows. Aimed at experienced growers, primary producers, orchardists, permaculture farmers, small crop producers and serious urban gardeners. But that doesn't mean you can't come down without experience. If you have been doing a lot of reading and researching and understand biomass, organic matter, high density and syntropic concepts then this can be a really good practical course for you to connect all the dots to start your own production systems.
Located Mooloo 4570 (Sunshine Coast Hinterland, Mary Valley)
8am-2pm - confirmation email with farm address & considerations on booking
Paddock to plate BBQ lunch
830am arriaval, orange juice/tea/coffee, Context about the farm & group introductions
- The cycles of the moon and their meanings, critical to agriculture
- reading the biodynamic calendar to plan your agricultural work. (Brian Keats biodynamic calendar, purchase one online if you wish to mark yours out for the month too)
- Designing and planning your own BD Successional Agroforestry system, Sketching systems, design parameters, basic layouts and intro to stratification and time cycles of the forest systems (group activity on chalkboard)
- Designing the new line we are planting on the farm, with fruit trees, cover crops, veg seeds, mushroom spawn, cuttings.
- layout planting design across freshly cultivated line
- make and apply pre-planting BD brews
- Prepare the holes"wombs" with various soil amendments & biologicals
- planting to maximise energy intake, adaption efficiency and high production
- planting nursery crops of veg, covercrops and cash crops to foster the newly planted species
- sowing well designed and placed covercrops for mulch and fertiliser production
- mulching and sowing techniques through mulch
- setting up micro sprinkler irrigation
- 100% organic/biodynamic BBQ from all local producers, right from the sourdough bread, to wild bush chutneys
- Walk and talk of indicators to look for cutting down your covercrops
- Decision making process to make the cuts and when to make the cut for different outcomes, understanding & weighing up the many options to best suit what work you need the cover to do
- practical segment as we each take a few meters of bed and manage the biomass while feeding the main crop and service trees, all techniques covered
- analysing our work, rethinking the situation, assessing gaps and filling them/ planting the next covercrops, veg or fruit crops into the residue
- group activity analysing & discussing ideas/ways to improve recent farm lines and discussing how they could have been improved or layers that could be added in
- General Q&A about the days lesson, wind down, relaxed discussion
These are basic guidelines that I will try to follow during the course, but each course is always tailored to the groups skill level, size of their own property and goals for their own farms. There is always deep long drawn explanations during each part of our topics, with direct reference to what is visiually happening by taking a look at what nature has to tell us, my aim is to show you these signals, this language and train you to take in the clues, hints and signs through primal pathways. I want to share what I know and what ive figured out from my years of dedicated, committed observation, and experiences working with different landscapes and forms, professionally.. but most of all, give voice to the plants, ecosystem, and rhythms unseen.
The day will be fully practical, with hand tools on site, this is the best way to learn, so come fully prepared to have fun.
Our production area is in full sun with a gentle slope so please wear some good shoes
What you need
- Closed shoes
- water bottle
- (gloves if you prefer)
- An idea of what you want to integrate into your own gardens, or what crops you are focused on producing.